Statutes of the Kitesurf and Snowkite Association
§ 1 Name, Place and Fiscal Year
The association bears the name “Kitesurf and Snowkite Association”. It has the legal form of a registered association based in Munich. The fiscal year is the calendar year.
§ 2 Purpose and Tasks
1. Kitesurfing and Snowkite is considered an association
2. The association represents the interests of all kite surfers and snow kiters in the public as well as in relation to law makers, authorities, other associations and organizations.
3.The association promotes kite surfing, snow kiting as well as related kinds of sport at national and international competitions and, in particular, promotes the instruction/training of kite surfing students and kite surfing instructors.
4. The association promotes and advises all kite surfers on matters of kite surfing and snow kiting and basic and advanced training.
5. Funds of the association may be used only for statutory purposes. No Person should be favoured by disproportionately high remuneration or by expenditures which are foreign to the purpose of the association.
6. The association can be a member of other international and national associations.
7. The association can assign licenses.
8. The association contributes to security, accident prevention and environmental protection by controlling and constantly developing advanced training.
9. The association accepts all parties and confessions.
10. The association functions as an international professional association for training centers for the sport of kite surfing.
§ 3 Acquisition of Membership
1. Snow kite and kite surf instructors can become full members of the association if they successfully pass the final examination according to the regulations of KSA.
2.Kite surfer, snow kiter and other kite sportsmen can become full members of KSA if they apply for membership and are accepted by the executive committee. The executive committee is not bound to tell the applicant any reasons for a possible refusal.
The acknowledgment of external examinations for the purpose of becoming a full or an associate member is based on the decision of the executive committee.
3. Kite surf schools, snow kite schools and other kite sport schools can become full members of KSA if the respective owners of the schools have the qualifications in accordance with statute no.1, paragraph 1 or if the school is run by someone with these qualifications.
4. On resolution of the executive committee, members who promote KSA can be accepted. Promoting members can be any individuals or judicial persons who support, materially or idealistically, the purpose and tasks of the association.
5. An honorary membership can be bestowed on recommendation.
§ 4 Termination of Membership
1. Due to natural death, dissolution of an association and judicial persons.
2. Termination: membership can only be terminated in written form to the executive committee. This is only possible at the end of the financial year with a period of notice of
3. Cancellation from the membership list. A member can be cancelled by the executive committee if he is in arrears with his payment of the annual fee in spite of two written reminders.
§ 5 Suspension
A member who damages the reputation of the association, who defies the statutes, who does not fulfill necessary conditions for a membership (in accordance with the statutes) or who does not obey the resolutions of the representative bodies of the association, can be suspended from the association. The executive committee decides on suspension by simple majority..
§ 6 Contributions and Obligations
1. The members are obliged to pay contributions. The amount and date due of the contributions is determined at the general meeting.
2. The members represent the interests of the association and promote the reputation of the association in the public.
3. Members according to statute 3, number 1 (kite surf teachers and snow kite teachers as full members) are committed to take part in advanced trainings. Details are decided by the executive committee.
§ 7 Executive Committee of the Association
1. The meeting of the members as the highest governing body of KSA consists of all executive members. The right to vote is determined by statute 11.
2. The association can have federal and regional representatives. The number of countries and regions depends on regional, traditional and political criteria. Number and designation of the countries and regions can be changed at the general meeting.
3. The executive committee is composed of:
-1. Chairman/2. Chairman
- Training Officer
- District Officer
The executive committee, according to law, consists of the president and all chairmen and officers. President or chairmen are entitled to act as substitutes for each other together with another member of the executive committee. If a member of the executive committee resigns during his term of office, the remaining executive committee can select a substitute for the remaining term of office.
§ 8 Tasks of the Executive Commttee
1.The general meeting is the highest governing body of the KSA; the general meeting selects the executive committee in accordance with statute no.11, paragraphs 1 and 2. and accepts the annual financial reports and supports the executive committee.
2. The executive committee administrates the business of the federation. It is responsible for carrying out the resolutions of the general meeting and making essential decisions of the association.. The executive committee calls up a general meeting at least every 2 years. The executive committee prepares the general meeting, conferences and other meetings and is responsible for their execution. The executive committee can appoint experts and co-ordinators and suggest commissions.
3.If the interests of the association require an extraordinary general meeting, the executive committee can set up such a meeting.
§ 9 Management
An office will be established for managing the business of the association.
§ 10 Audit
Auditing is carried out by an auditor who does not belong to the executive committee. He is selected by the general meeting committee for 3 years. The choice of an external accountant or chartered accountant and/or an auditing company is possible.
§ 11 Elections
1.Elections take place during the general meeting . Full members are allowed to vote..
2. The executive committee is chosen for a period of 3 years.
3.All full members (active members, snow kite and kite surf instructors according to statute no. 3 paragrraph 1 as well as others on equal terms) have active and passive rights to vote.
Only full members with a valid instructor license can pass resolutions concerning regulations as well as policy regarding the training of kite instructors.
4.Participants of the founders' meeting, all members of the executive committee, the chairmen of the federal states, regional chairmen as well as the chairman of an association or organisation which is a member of KSA are all on equal terms with full members and have active and passive rights to vote.
5. The regional chairmen are elected by the members of the respective region for 3 years.
6. The chairmen of the federal states is elected by the members of the respective federal state for 3 years.
7. Associate members (not active funding members) can bring requests to the members' meeting via federal or regional chairmen.. The voting of these requests is done by regular members at the meeting of the members.
Exception: The executive committee party leaders decide on a general election.
8. Regular members exercise their right to vote in the federal and regional meetings.
9. Insurance coverage
The insurance coverage expires immediately on leaving KSA or when notice is given or payment of the membership fees is delayed.
§ 12 Quorum and Passing of Resolutions
1. The meeting of the members is only allowed to pass resolutions if every member is invited in written form according to the rules and informed on the association's homepage
2 The executive committee can pass resolutions if at least 3 members of the board are present.
3. The passing of resolutions takes place by simple majority. In the event of a tie of votes, the request is rejected.
4. Minutes of the resolutions of the meetings are to be provided. The minutes are to be signed by the president, the executive committee and the recording secretary.
5. Resolutions about financial transactions up to the maximum amount available to the association. can only be met by the executive committee without permission of the meeting of the members
§ 13 Amendments of the Statutes
Resolutions on endments of the statutes require a majority of two thirds of those members present at the meeting, those members with the right to vote.
§ 14 Dissolution of the Association
The dissolution of the association can only be decided in a special, called up for this purpose, meeting of the members, if duly invited and the items on the agenda are announced and at least 3/4 of the members present agree to the dissolution.
In the case of dissolution of the association, the funds of the association are to be paid into a tax-privileged institute. The depreciation tax shield of this institute must be confirmed by the tax authorities.
§ 15 Statutes in Force
The statutes will be effective when accepted at the meeting of the members.
§ 16 Special Regulations
Regulations over and above these statutes depend on the laws of the German Civil Code, as far as they cannot be settled by the statutes, the meeting of the members or the executive committee according to German law.
The association is not responsible (either in internal nor external relationships) for material costs and personal injuries, for destruction of property and loss. Each member is responsible for damage personally made and is obliged to insure this risk.
§ 18 Court of Jurisdiction
Place and court of jurisdiction for all liabilities of the members during their membership is Munich.
This statute was decided by the members on 19th of December.2006.
Entry in the register of associations:
The association was registered on the 20th of December 2004 under no. 187478 of the register of associations of the regional court in Munich.